Friday, January 12, 2007

I'm Not Back

The problem with announcing your return from a long break is that you're actually expected to, well, return. If you say, "That's right, I'm back, baby! I'm back!" then you have to take the time to put up a few posts. Reliably. More than once a month. If you think you know pressure, try writing a weekly post for the two or three people that visit your blog once per month! Yeah, that's right, you couldn't handle that kind of stress. It's rough, man, really rough.

So, I'm not going to say I'm back. I'm not going to tell you that I've returned, newly invigorated, and filled with parenting wisdom and adventures that will have you either nodding your head in agreement or frantically calling Social Services. No, I'm not going to anything of the sort. I'm just going to see how this plays out and try not to miss too many of my own deadlines.

I hope all three of you enjoyed your break from me. I was kind of cranky, so it was good that we spent this time apart. It wasn't you, it was me. No, really. I just needed my space... a little time to figure out me. Don't cry. I got you these flowers. Aren't they nice? Hey, remember that time when I posted about potty training and....

Yeah, okay, I'll stop. Sorry about that. I was just getting a little emotional.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In the early days, my audience was just my wife and some weird guy in Wyoming. Eventually people come around, just keep doing what your doing.

Good Blog you have here-