Wednesday, May 03, 2006

There's Sick And Then There's SICK


Chunk is sick again. Not that he'd notice, of course. He's blissfully unaware of the steady stream of ick that is running from his nose and onto anything unfortunate enough to get caught in his path. He's like a little mucus version of a hurricane and having experienced a typhoon first hand, I have to say, I'm more afraid of my son.

Speaking of fear, I was talking to a coworker today about some of the weirdness involved with parenthood. She confessed that her young daughter has this compulsion to watch her and her husband go to the bathroom. If they manage to sneak a trip to the loo without her, she completely freaks out. Apparently, it's gotten to the point that my coworker has to use bathrooms in remote parts of the house to get a little privacy.

Is this normal? Is this creepy? I'll admit, my first reaction wasn't a positive one, but I'm starting to think that there's a lot of strangeness that goes on between parents and their kids. I don't think I've had more than three showers alone in the last six months, because once Chunk hears the water start up, he comes running. Come to think of it, he's not very respectful of privacy in the bathroom, either.

Can I think of any strangeness that went on when I was a kid? Not really. Still, there must have been something that I thankfully outgrew before it got truly creepy.

What are your "my kid is creepy" stories?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This isn't so much creepy as it is icky and awkward.

The Pickle is 4 months old and immobile. When I go to take a shower I want to make sure she's OK - so I take the bouncy seat into the bathroom. That way I make sure I can hear her if anything were to happen.

The other day I was going through my usual pre-shower routine when I just after stripping I was talking to her and I watched her eyes leave my face and go down. . .

She completely checked me out.

No subtlety or anything, just lookin' at my package. I wasn't really ready for that - so I turned her around and had her look toward the wall for the rest of shower time.

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»