Saturday, April 08, 2006

Janey Anthraxseed


Chunk and Denver Mom are both sick... again. One of my coworkers, who had the flu and spoke about its trials with excruciating detail, came into the office on Wednesday while still sick and I'm afraid I might have brought it home with me to inflect my family.

I mentioned to a different coworker that I probably wouldn't be able to make the Easter egg hunt today and the coworker that was sick overheard, asking, "I hope they didn't catch it from me!"

I don't have proof, of course. I can't generate "disease vectors" or whatever those kinds of pathways are called in all those end-of-the-world virus movies, but OF COURSE it came from her. At least, I think so.

Want to feel better about yourself as a person? Stay home when you're sick. Yes, I get it. We all have deadlines. Some of them are pretty scary and intimidating, but don't come into the office with your germy self and spread the plague around like you're Janey Anthraxseed.

The good news is that for once, I can't blame day care. If it was day care, he probably would have been sick on Tuesday or Wednesday. So, all he brought home from day care this week was a stuffy nose and tear stained cheeks. Nope, this one gets pinned on me and my Typhoid Mary coworker.

Disclaimer: Janey Anthraxseed/Typhoid Mary is actually really nice. I like her a lot and I know she didn't mean to infect anyone else with her virus. I'm not angry with her, just disappointed. I do the same thing when I'm sick, so maybe this is a good lesson for me about disease-ridden etiquette.

No comments: